Town of Kinder Mayor’s Report
- Happy Halloween! Trick-or-Treating is set for 5:30-7:30 on Halloween night. Please Drive Carefully and Watch for Children during that time.
- Town of Kinder Utility Billing Policy Reminder:
- Utility bills are sent out on or about the 1st of every month.
- Utility bills are due by the 15th of each month to avoid late charges.
- Utility bills that are not paid by the 20th of the month will be disconnected beginning on the 21st.
- We do not send out disconnect notices.
- If your services are disconnected for nonpayment, a reconnect fee of $30 per service plus the amount of your bill will need to be paid before the service is reconnected.
- Remember that utility payments may be made in person at City Hall, 333 N. 8th Street during business hours or left in the drop box located on the south side of the City Hall building after hours. You can also pay using a credit or debit card through the payment link on our website townofkinder.com, or apply to have your utility bill automatically drafted from your bank account.
November 4, 2019 Council Meeting Agenda (Tentative)
Notice is hereby given of a meeting of the Town Council of Kinder, Louisiana, to be held on Monday, November 4, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers at the Fred A. Ashy Municipal Building, 333 N. 8th St., Kinder, Louisiana, for the purpose of considering the following agenda items:
- CALL MEETING TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
- HEAR FROM THE PUBLIC ON ANY AGENDA ITEM AS PER STATUTE (3 min. limit)
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES
(a) Approval of minutes for the regular council meeting of October 7, 2019.
- MAYORS REPORT
(a) Hear from Kimberly Theriot, Senior Banquet & Sales Manager of Coushatta Casino Resort.
- CHIEF OF POLICE REPORT
(a) Monthly report.
- TOWN ATTORNEY REPORT
- TOWN ENGINEER REPORT
- COUNCIL REPORT
- TOWN CLERK
(a) Monthly budget-to-actual comparisons are included with mayor and council packets.
- ADJOURN ___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sec. 10-2. - Littering.
(a)It shall be unlawful for any person, firm or corporation, in person or by his or its agent, employee or servant, to cast, throw, sweep, sift or deposit in any manner in or upon a public way, alley, street, sidewalk, drainage ditch, public water, drain, sewer, receiving basin or any lot or tract of land within the jurisdiction of the town, any kind of dirt, rubbish, waste article, glass or metallic object, trash, refuse, garbage, or any paper or wood product containing a political or commercial advertisement nor shall any person, firm or corporation cast, throw, sweep, sift or deposit any of the aforementioned items anywhere within the jurisdiction of the town in such a manner that it may be carried or deposited in whole or in part by actions of the sun, wind or rain into any of the aforementioned places. Provided however that this section shall not apply to any political or commercial advertisement placed on private property with the permission of the owner of said property.
(b)No person shall operate any motor vehicle on any alley, street or public right-of-way in the town in such a manner that the contents can be blown or fall off or out of such vehicle upon the alley, street or public right-of-way provided that this section shall not apply to agricultural products.
(Ord. No. 729, §§ 1, 2, 12-4-89; Ord. No. 757, § 1, 3-7-94)